Hello, my friends!
I’ve been making cheesecake brownies for. . . well, since I was around 9, I think! I shared a recipe for normal cheesecake last summer, but cheesecake brownies are really good but also simpler and different than normal cheesecake.
Even if you don’t consider yourself much of a baker, little 9-year-old me made them, so you can too, haha. 😉
Get out your baking supplies, and enjoy!
for the brownie layer
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips divided use, do not use Nestle
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
for the cheesecake layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang of parchment on both sides. Coat the parchment lined pan with cooking spray.
- For the brownies: Place the butter and 1 1/3 cups of chocolate chips into a large bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until just melted. Stir until smooth.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, then whisk in the eggs, one by one. Finally, whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt to the bowl. Stir gently until just combined.
- Reserve 1/4 of of the brownie batter in a separate bowl.
- Fold the remaining chocolate chips into the larger amount of the brownie batter.
- Spread the larger amount of batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- For the cheesecake filling: Place the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, then beat until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownie batter in the pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of very hot water to the reserved brownie batter. Stir until smooth.
- Dollop the brownie batter over the cheesecake. Use a skewer or knife to swirl the two batters together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
- Cool the brownies completely.
- Use the parchment overhang to lift the brownies out of the pan. Cut into squares, then serve.
*credit to this recipe goes to dinner at the zoo
Have you made cheesecake brownies before? Do you like cheesecake? What is your favorite dessert?
I hoped you enjoyed this post and let me know if you made these brownies in the comments! Thank you so much for reading, my friends, and have a lovely day!