Hello, my friends!
I’ve been making cheesecake brownies for. . . well, since I was around 9, I think! I shared a recipe for normal cheesecake last summer, but cheesecake brownies are really good but also simpler and different than normal cheesecake.
Even if you don’t consider yourself much of a baker, little 9-year-old me made them, so you can too, haha. 😉
Get out your baking supplies, and enjoy!
for the brownie layer
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips divided use, do not use Nestle
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
for the cheesecake layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang of parchment on both sides. Coat the parchment lined pan with cooking spray.
- For the brownies: Place the butter and 1 1/3 cups of chocolate chips into a large bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until just melted. Stir until smooth.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, then whisk in the eggs, one by one. Finally, whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt to the bowl. Stir gently until just combined.
- Reserve 1/4 of of the brownie batter in a separate bowl.
- Fold the remaining chocolate chips into the larger amount of the brownie batter.
- Spread the larger amount of batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- For the cheesecake filling: Place the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, then beat until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownie batter in the pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of very hot water to the reserved brownie batter. Stir until smooth.
- Dollop the brownie batter over the cheesecake. Use a skewer or knife to swirl the two batters together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
- Cool the brownies completely.
- Use the parchment overhang to lift the brownies out of the pan. Cut into squares, then serve.
*credit to this recipe goes to dinner at the zoo
Have you made cheesecake brownies before? Do you like cheesecake? What is your favorite dessert?
I hoped you enjoyed this post and let me know if you made these brownies in the comments! Thank you so much for reading, my friends, and have a lovely day!
Wow these look delicious!! You really enjoy cheesecake 🙂 I love both, so these just got added to my TBB list
(to be baked list…and yes, I have one of those 😂)
Haha, I do. (Ooh, do you enjoy baking a lot?? :))
These look so delicious, Pearl! 🙂
Ahh, they were!
These look so delicious!!! I love brownies and I love cheesecake! Its the perfect pairing! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe! I NEED to bake these now! <3
Oooh, you totally need to try them ~ let me know you think! <3
Looks delectable, Pearl! I love seeing the recipes you post on your blog!
Aw, I’m so glad you enjoyed them, Rachel!
Ooooo yummmmm I need to make these! I’ve never heard of cheesecake brownies, but they sound fabulous!!!
You totally need to try them! Let me know what you think!
Ooh! These look really good! I’m definitely gonna try to make these sometime!
Ahh, they are! Let me know what you think! (:
These look really good. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Pearl!
Ahh, they are! Of course and thank you for reading!
lol I just had a cheesecake brownie the other day! XD Can’t wait to try this out! btw I am a friend of Annabelle Batie. She introduced me to your blog, and I love it! Nice job, Pearl!
Haha, that is so funny. XD Let me know what you think! (Oh okay, lovely to meet you, Luella! <3)
Ahh these are making me hungry. XP I’ll see if I can’t try them sometime — I’m hoping to bake more this year, so I’ll add this to my list of recipes to try. 😋
(Not sure if I can actually eat too much of these though, since cheesecake doesn’t usually sit that well with me. 😝)
Haha *hands you one* Let me know what you think, Zo! <3
Ok, I made them! My family LOVED these sooooo much!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe, Pearl! These are going to be made again 😀
These look so good! I’ll see if my mom will let me make them.
Ooh, have fun! Let me know what you think. 🙂
These were delicious! I made them with my 7 year old brother, and they are so fudgy. 🙂
Yay! Happy that they turned out well! 🙂