This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something off my link, I earn a small commission at not extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog!
I’m so excited for this post because one of my blogging friends and I are doing a collab! Mayim has a gorgeous blog all about healthy recipes, workout routines, and other amazing things. Make sure to go check her out! Today, we’re each posting 10 of our favorite lifestyle tips for teen girls.
Eat a good and healthy breakfast. Lately, I’ve been realizing how important it is for me to eat a full and healthy breakfast. If I’m starving all morning and I only ate a bowl of cereal, I’m not going to have the best morning and I’m going to be half as productive as I would have been if I had eaten a good breakfast. Even if it takes longer, make sure to put some healthy food into your body and it saves you time in the long run! My favorite breakfast right now are smoothies, avocado toast, baked oatmeal, pancakes, and pumpkin muffins.
Set several alarms 5 minutes apart. (And if you don’t have to get up and you feel like your body needs rest, go back to sleep.) If you really need to get up in the morning, set several alarms five minutes apart. I know how tempting it is to keep hitting snooze, so eventually, I get tired of hitting it and I get up! Or on some days where I just want to get up, but it’s not completely necessary, I’ll turn off my alarms and go back to sleep for an hour or so. (especially since I’ve had a cold and right now, I’m prioritizing rest over productivity so I can get feeling better!) Do what’s best for your body, and you’ll catch up on your tasks later.
Get 8+ hours of sleep. As I mentioned, I’ve had a cold (my third one in about a month and a half. I’ve spent pretty much all cross-country season being sick. 😭) and I’ve been running anyway, so getting enough sleep has been super important! But anyway, please try to get at least 8 hours of sleep, whether you’re sick or not!
Buy stickers for your water bottle/laptop on Amazon. I love supporting small businesses, but if you go to Amazon, you can buy a pack of 50 stickers for the price of 1 or 2 on Etsy, and since everything seems to be sticker worthy right now, it saves you so much money!
Tidy your room every night before bed, and make your bed every morning. I love waking up to a clean room and taking the 5 minutes before bed makes it so worth it! If your room is constantly a mess, it’s probably time to get rid of some things or do some re-organizing. Check out my bedroom cleaning post here! Also, making my bed every morning makes me feel so much more productive and just gives me a good start for my day, especially since I spend a lot of time in my room throughout the day!
Before you touch your phone, read your Bible. I’ve started doing my Bible time first thing when I get up, and guys, letting the Bible be the first thing I put into my mind in the day is amazing and gives me a way better day. I’ve been working on doing this for about a month and a half, and at this point, it’s just habit and I love it. So, don’t look at your phone in the mornings and reach for your Bible instead. (Check out this post for my favorite Christian girl resources!)
Drinking water 85% of the time. Water is so, so important for being healthy! I’m so thankful that nobody in my family is really a huge soda drinker and we almost never have it in the house. I drink water 90% of the time, with the other 10% being filled with tea, sparkling water, or chai lattes.
Getting outside every day. I’ll be honest – I really try hard with this one but don’t always succeed. XD I try to either go on a walk or go running outside every day. Obviously, this doesn’t always work, especially in the winter but it’s a good goal to aim for and it’s way easier during cross country season when I’m already running outside every day!
Create a weekly and daily to-do list every day. I use Notion for my monthly, weekly, and everyday planning, and it’s literally so helpful to have a to-do list to look at what I’m supposed to be working on each day!
Doing hair masks and use the right shampoo/conditioner for your hair. This tip is really random but recently, my hair has been really dry and no matter what moisturizers I use, nothing seems to make it better. So a couple of weeks ago, I tried this hair mask and it made it so much better! Also, making sure you are using the right conditioner for your hair is so important!! I love Herbal Essences Curl Definer for my hair since it’s natural and works really well for curly hair. Using the right products and taking care of your hair saves you so much time in the long run!
what do you think?
I hope you guys found this post helpful and make sure to go check out Mayim’s post right here! Before you do that, I’d love to know your favorite lifestyle tips and which tip was your favorite from this post!